This page shows all the stray animals that are currently at our shelter brought in from the public or animal care and control.
Please do not email or call about animals on this page if they do not belong to you. If animals are not redeemed by their owner, they will flow through our regular process which includes adoption or transfer to a rescue partner. Unfortunately, we cannot take your name down and contact you if the animal becomes available, due to the number of animals handled at our shelter. Thank you!
The owner must show proof of ownership to pick up any animal. We cannot release animals to non-owners. Proof of ownership can be completed a number of ways including:
- Veterinary records
- Microchip registration
- Photos over a lengthy period of time
- Bill of Sale or Lease with animal’s name and description included
- Current dog license
Fees must be paid in full prior to animal pick up; the great majority of the funds collected are sent back to each city as part of our contract. Valid state or government-issued photo identification is required at the time of redemption (expired identification will not be accepted). Payment is accepted only by cash or card (NO CHECKS). The cardholder must be present at the time of redemption for their card to be used.
Included in your animal redemption fees are:
- Fee from where the animal was found
- Fee from where the animal lives
- DA2PPV, Bordetella, or FVRCP (we vaccinate all animals on intake for their safety)
- Rabies: Proof of vaccine is required prior to animal pick up, otherwise we will provide a rabies vaccination when reclaiming your pet.
- Fee if the animal is unaltered
- Boarding fees
- Dog licensing (if unlicensed)
- If applicable, medical services provided that are deemed necessary by IHS medical staff
The shelter’s stray holding period for dogs is 5 days, 3 days for cats. Once the holding period expires, it becomes the property of the Idaho Humane Society.
All animals will have to be identified in person; unfortunately, we cannot identify animals over the phone. We do have a book of animals that came into our Dorman facility that had passed away before they arrived; owners are welcome to come into our shelter and look through our book to see if they can locate their pet.
It takes approximately 20 minutes for the stray animal is reflected on this landing page once we have logged them in.