The Idaho Humane Society’s Humane Education program offers an opportunity for grades 3-12 to volunteer and help fulfill service learning hours.
*You must register for each session you are planning on your child attending. Kids who are not registered for the day’s session will not be allowed to stay. The $10.00 per time charge is to offset the cost of staffing and supplies. Scholarships are available.
Reasons you might be interested:
- You need to fulfill service hours for school
- You are too young to volunteer in the shelter
- You have a deep love of animals and want to help
- You are willing to do a variety of jobs to help (examples include dishes, yard work, laundry, washing windows, writing thank you notes, enrichment with small animals)
Sign up to:
- Learn about IHS (Idaho Humane Society)
- Tour our new facility, meet some amazing humans, see how it operates and observe the current furry residents on the adoption floor
Meet other service-minded, animal-loving students to brainstorm specific ways you can help IHS
- Receive a “Volunteer” Tee Shirt (on your first time)
- Learn about animal behavior and “Fear Free” principles
- Dig in and help the shelter and its residents