The Idaho Humane Society’s Humane Education program offers an opportunity for junior high and high school students to volunteer and help fulfill service learning hours.
Reasons you might be interested:
- You need to fulfill service hours for school
- You are a Scout and need to complete a service project
- You are too young to volunteer in the shelter
- You are 12-15, but do not have a guardian who can volunteer with you
- You have a deep love of animals and want to help
Sign up below to:
- Learn about IHS (Idaho Humane Society)
- Learn about opportunities to get involved through IHS events and off-site programs
- Tour our new facility, meet some amazing humans, see how it operates and observe the current furry residents on the adoption floor
Meet other service-minded, animal-loving students to brainstorm specific ways you can help IHS
- Receive a “Volunteer” Tee Shirt
- Learn about animal behavior and “Fear Free” principles
- Complete 2 service hours and have a plan to fulfill your remaining hours!
We are currently revamping our Humane Education Booklet for students to compete for projects at home.
All time spent researching, completing, and delivering donations will be counted towards school service hours.
If you need a student volunteer slip to give to your teacher, please be sure to ask a front desk staff member when dropping off your donations. Donations can be dropped off at either location during regular business hours.