Select Page


Animal Care & Control

How do I contact Animal Care and Control?

Animal Control

4775 W Dorman Street, Boise, Idaho 83705

  • To reach our dispatcher, call 208-343-3166

Open Daily: 8AM – 6PM

You may make an online complaint or speak directly with a dispatcher. Due to the high volume of calls, please leave a voicemail with a telephone number where you can be reached and your call will be returned as quickly as possible.

If you are requesting that a Humane Officer be dispatched to a location, you must provide a street address. The various city municipalities require that a name must accompany each report and thus, no reports can be made anonymously.

For after-hours emergencies or major holidays, call the Ada County Sheriff’s Dispatch Center at 208-377-6790, and a Humane Officer may be dispatched to respond.

You can also reach Animal Control by email at [email protected].

Calls must be handled on a priority basis. How quickly an Officer can respond to a specific call depends not only upon the priority of that call but also on how many calls of a higher priority are occurring at that particular time. Calls involving an injured animal or an animal in immediate danger of injury or harm to a person are the highest priority. Therefore, it might take a little longer to respond to calls regarding a barking dog. Your patience and support are always appreciated.


Search all of our adoptable pets

Support Us

Community generosity helps our programs grow and extends our reach.


Services to keep your pets healthy and happy

Our Programs

The Idaho Humane Society has several life-saving programs in place to help prepare animals for adoption.


Are you’re interested in inviting the Idaho Humane Society to participate in an event?


The Idaho Humane Society


The Idaho Humane Society

Contact Us