News

Idaho Humane Society storage unit compromised in local fire

The Idaho Humane Society lost a full storage unit of donated office furniture for its new facility in the two-alarm fire at the Stor-It Self Storage facility on Maple Grove Road just south of Emerald. The fire broke out at approximately 5:10pm on Wednesday, May 1st.

The IHS storage shed was one door away from the last unit with fire damage, and the equipment and contents have been rendered unusable due to smoke damage. The unit held approximately 40 office chairs, desks, file cabinets, and a conference room table which will all need to be replaced. Stor It Self Storage had kindly donated this storage unit space to IHS over the last year as furniture was collected.

The Idaho Humane Society has connected with a local business to replace the items but will be fundraising for the funds to purchase the goods already selected.

“We are saddened to lose the furniture destined for our new building. While it was donated to us, it was in amazing shape, and this will now affect our budget moving forward,” says Chief Development Office Jimmy Hillig.

If any interested parties are willing to match donations collected for the office furniture cost, please contact Hillig at: [email protected] The Idaho Humane Society has received no taxpayer support for this project and is building this facility solely through individual donations, corporate giving, and grant support.

Related Media: 

  • https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/idaho-humane-loses-storage-unit-full-of-donations-in-maple-grove-fire/277-54a8e49b-b223-4fcc-a229-408eff988543?fbclid=IwAR1uD9tXqk2Cjm1r_a-RgzNp8Qe3jx-Zte83v-vgPX1dbztjO7RvZ7BcHfE
  • https://www.kivitv.com/news/fire-damages-donated-idaho-humane-society-furniture?fbclid=IwAR0GP8H1EGCKBCwPmeHJFa0Nt5UVWjIHp7obAKC4HSPa6fhSpaFz1P5I8G4
  • https://idahonews.com/news/local/idaho-humane-society-furniture-damaged-in-storage-facility-fire?fbclid=IwAR2Di0IYAo5sWdyAdOjRnYRHgQMPiwmfXyEZ07w5DMewO2UNQiVfvcHFirs