Looking for a great work-life balance while helping animals without production requirements? Idaho Humane Society may be just the perfect place for you.
- Boise is a low-crime community nestled near the foothills for hiking, biking, horseriding and more. A river runs through the valley for fishing, boating and floating. Boise offers a robust downtown with vibrant nightlife, great eats, picturesque parks and walking trails!
- It’s about an hour to Bogus Basin ski resort, which offers some of the longest night skiing available in the US. You’re about 2 hours from Tamarak, Brundage and Sun Valley Ski Resorts.
- Join some of the United State’s best whitewater rivers for entry-level to expert an hour+ from Boise.
- We are a non-profit, so your work makes you eligible for Public Student Loan Forgiveness.
- We pay for vet license renewal and any other required licensure.
- No overnight or on-call shifts.
- $10,000 sign-on bonus for full time employees.
- PER DIEM: We are looking for additional Vets to add to our Per Diem roster. Per Diem rate is $60/hour – must be able to commit to at least a couple of shifts per quarter.
Community Medicine and Surgery Veterinarian
Who we are
The Idaho Humane Society is the largest and oldest animal welfare organization and veterinary charity in the state. Our public veterinary medical center is a full service, affordable veterinary hospital that is open to the public 7 days a week. Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, our 12,000 square foot state of the art hospital is well equipped and provides a wide range of services with a large and diverse caseload ranging from basic wellness care to advanced internal medicine, soft tissue surgery, as well as orthopedic surgery. Working at our practice might look a little different than your typical private practice, but that’s what helps us make a difference in the community we serve. Our clinic sees both appointments and walk-in urgent care cases.
What makes us different
- Excellent work life balance – no night call or overnight shifts!
- Less stress – our veterinary wages are not commission based!
- We say yes when others say no! We primarily serve people and their pets that would otherwise be unable to receive care elsewhere through various programs like low cost spay and neuter, household income based sliding scale fees, payment plans, and financial assistance grants.
- Must possess a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
- Currently licensed in Idaho to practice veterinary medicine or ability to obtain license upon hire; must be qualified and eligible to obtain Idaho state pharmacy license and DEA license
- Able to work four 10-hour shifts (for full-time); Per Diem work available
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: $110,000 – $140,000 commensurate with experience, plus additional pay available if you pick up a shift that needs coverage
- $10,000 sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive medical benefits – IHS pays the majority of employee medical insurance. Your cost is just $10 per pay period.
- 401k with employer match – we match 100% of the first 5% you contribute
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Vet license renewal, and any other required licensure
- CE benefits
- Discounted medical services
- Free pet vaccinations
- Annual clinic credit to use for services
- Discounted adoptions
- 8 paid holidays (New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas), plus Floating Holiday & Mental Health Day
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness – since we are a non-profit organization, you are eligible to apply for PSLF
If you ready to join us and make a difference, please visit our website at idahohumanesociety.org for more information and send your resume to [email protected].
Give Your Support Today
Support our lifesaving mission by giving
a gift to the Idaho Humane Society.