Our dog training classes utilize positive reinforcement methods and allow you to teach your dog in an enjoyable, rewarding manner. We work on the basics – sit, down, stay, recall, loose-leash walking, waiting at the door, etc. – and some fun tricks! And we discuss other dog behavior challenges according to class needs and interests. The goals of this program are to socialize your dog through positive interactions and games and to help you communicate effectively with your dog and build a long-lasting relationship.
How to sign up
Prior to enrolling in a training class, you should attend one of our free monthly informational sessions to prepare for the program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the schedule for our next orientation. There, you will be able to sign up for classes.
- The six-week classes meet once a week for one hour starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuition is $110. Payment reserves your place in class. Fees are not refundable but may be transferred with the trainer’s approval.
- We keep our class sizes small to maintain a fun, encouraging environment and allow as much individual coaching as possible.
- Family members are welcome to attend, though an adult in addition to the dog handler must come if you plan to bring multiple children with you. Kids over 12 years old may participate in training.
- Adult dogs must be current on rabies and distemper/parvo vaccinations in order to attend classes. Puppies must receive two distemper/parvo vaccinations prior to attending the first class and show continuing vaccination updates as appropriate during the six week that classes are held.
- Classes are not appropriate for dogs with reactivity or aggression issues around people or other dogs. If you have any concerns about your dog’s behavior, please contact us at email@example.com before you register for a class. We can direct you to other resources.