- Get Involved
- Animal Control
- Shelter Services
- About Us
This page shows all the stray animals that are currently at our shelter brought in from the public or animal control. It takes approximately 20 minutes for the stray animal is reflected on this landing page once we have logged in.
1. The owner must show proof of ownership to pick up any animal. We cannot release animals to non-owners. Proof of ownership can be completed a number of ways including:
2. Fees must be paid in full prior to animal pick up; the great majority of the funds collected are sent back to each city as part of our contract. Valid state or government issued identification is required at the time of redemption (expired identification will not be accepted). Payment is accepted only by cash or card (NO CHECKS). The cardholder must be present at the time of redemption for their card to be used.
Included in your animal redemption fees are:
3. The shelter’s stray holding period for dogs is 5 days, 3 days for cats. Once the holding period expires, it becomes the property of the Idaho Humane Society.
4. All animals will have to be identified in person; unfortunately, we cannot identify animals over the phone.
5. It is best to visit the Idaho Humane Society in person as soon as possible to walk through the stray holding areas. Animal redemptions are located at 4775 Dorman St. in Boise, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week. You will need to speak to the next available staff member at the front desk. An animal care assistant will then lead you through the stray cat or dog areas. These areas are off-limits to the general public. We no longer accept lost animals report as we now show all our stray animals at our shelter on this page.