The Idaho Humane Society is excited to join together with other shelter partners in the Idaho Shelter Coalition to celebrate our feline friends in a statewide adoption event this October. We are proud to offer more than 20 cats available for a no-cost adoption thanks to a $3275 Rachel Ray No-Kill Excellence Grant funded by The Rachael Ray Foundation™ and administered by Best Friends Animal Society to provide lifesaving medical work to adoptable cats.
We will begin rolling out cats that meet the grant’s criteria starting Thursday, October 15th, and will officially celebrate this free adoption event on October 24th at our Bird Street Adoption Center. There, we will encourage our surrounding community to learn more about our work towards becoming a No-Kill Idaho and how to adopt these fantastic felines.
“Working together is paramount to saving lives. We regularly assist underserved communities and rescues across Idaho to bring in cats for needed medical care and adoption. In advance of this event, we altered twenty cats for Simply Cats, a coalition member, for their free adoption days,” said Kristine Schellhaas, Communications Manager at the Idaho Humane Society. “We’re grateful for this grant which will allow us to do even more for cats so we can continue assisting communities and rescues in need.”
The Idaho Shelter Coalition received $30,000 from the Rachael Ray No Kill Excellence Grant to distribute to Shelter Coalition members in Idaho.
“We’re excited for the opportunity to work together across Idaho to save lives! This event is the first of its kind and shows that by working together, we are able to save more animal’s lives. We’re looking forward to creating and implementing even more innovative solutions for animal welfare throughout Idaho and having more organizations join the Idaho Shelter Coalition as we grow within the state,” said Nadia Novik, Idaho Shelter Coalition President.
The following shelters have committed to being a part of The Idaho State Shelter Coalition, committing towards a No-Kill Idaho:
- Mountain Humane Hailey, ID (Blaine)
- City of Burley Animal Shelter Burley, ID (Cassia)
- City of Idaho Falls Animal Shelter Idaho Falls, ID (Bonneville)
- Fuzzy Pawz Rescue, Boise, ID (Ada)
- Gooding Dog Pound Gooding, ID (Gooding)
- Heart of Idaho Animal Sanctuary Challis, ID (Custer)
- Idaho Humane Society Boise, ID (Ada)
- Magicats Buhl, ID (Twin Falls)
- McPaws McCall, ID (Valley)
- Meridian Canine Rescue Meridian, ID (Ada)
- Panhandle Animal Shelter Ponderay, ID (Bonner)
- PAWS Rescue Boise, ID (Ada)
- Post Falls Animal Shelter (Kootenai)
- Salmon Animal Shelter (Lemhi)
- Simply Cats Boise, ID (Ada)
- Snake River Animal Shelter Idaho Falls, ID (Bonneville)
- Twin Falls Animal Shelter Twin Falls, ID (Twin Falls)
- West Valley Humane Society Caldwell, ID (Canyon)
- ARF Grangeville, ID (Idaho)
- Operation Community Cats Boise, ID (Ada)
Best Friends Animal Society is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets. For more information about Best Friends, visit www.bestfriends.org website.