The Idaho Humane Society welcomes guests to visit our facility and the animals up for adoption. We can also send speakers to classrooms, civic organizations, clubs and other interested groups. Representatives can discuss IHS programs as well as various animal-related issues, emphasizing responsible care of pets.
Guidelines for all tours:
- We can accommodate tours of up to 20 people per group. However, tours over 10 people are $5/person. Tours must consist of at least 5 participants. This includes adults and children.
- There must be a minimum of 1 adult chaperone per 4 children attending.
- Please feel free to bring cameras and take pictures!
- We offer tours on a first-come, first-served basis, Tuesday – Friday, 11am-6pm, and Saturdays, 2:30-6pm. Tours must be scheduled in advance with the Humane Educator. Groups who arrive later than 20 minutes for their scheduled time will not be given a tour.
- All participants must submit a signed Waiver/Permission Slip. These forms can be downloaded from the link below and emailed to the Humane Educator. They can also be turned in the day of the scheduled tour.
To schedule a tour please fill out our Tour Request Form.
We prefer small groups for tours as some of our animals can get stressed in large group settings. All tours over 10 people will be charged $5/person. If you are a 501c3 group looking to bring a group out for a tour that exceeds 10 people, we will be happy to work with you.
We would love to come out to you or for you to come to us for a presentation. Please contact us at least three weeks before you’d like to have your group’s presentation.
Please contact us at (208) 377-1716 or [email protected].