Grab your pooch and join Boise State for Bark in the Park! This will give you the chance to sit beside your canine friend while taking in an afternoon of Bronco Softball. The first 50 dogs will receive a dog bandana! Left field has been set aside for seating for dogs and their owners that day.
All dogs must be on a leash and accompanied by their owner. One dog per person. Dogs must show proof of vaccinations and sign a waiver. Please bring proof of vaccinations with you to the game and be prepared to present when you enter the park. Waivers will be available at the front entrance if you do not bring one with you.
Care and control of a pet is the sole responsibility of the owner (you and your dog may be subject to ejection or not allowed into the event if your dog shows signs of aggressiveness towards other people or dogs). All dogs must have the following vaccinations:
- Rabies – given annually, but sometimes can be a 3 year.
- DHLP – (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para influenza) – all given annually, sometimes referred to as the Combo Vaccination, especially when it includes Parvo.
- Parvo – given annually, many times this is included in the DHLP and indicated as DHLPP.
- Bordatella – given either every six months or annually. Sometimes referred to as: Kennel Cough OR Tracheobronchitis.
Is Your Dog Right for this Event?
Yes, if your dog:
- Is old enough to be around other dogs and people (at least 4 months of age)
- Is up to date on all required vaccinations
- Is in relatively good health and can walk up and down several flights of stairs
- Does well on-leash and is not overly aggressive toward other dogs
- Is friendly toward humans and not excessively fearful
- Is a Broncos fan!
Probably not, if your dog:
- Is still too young to mix with a big crowd (under 4 months)
- Is a senior dog that would have trouble navigating stairs and being outside for an extended period of time;
- Has aggressive tendencies towards other dogs or humans while on-leash
- Is exhibiting any signs of illness close to the day of the game (ie, cough, nasal discharge, lethargy, diarrhea, etc). These symptoms can be signs of potentially infectious illnesses and it would probably be best for your dog as well as the other dogs in attendance, if they did not attend.
Where can I park?
Only service dogs are allowed on the campus shuttles that run from the Albertsons Stadium parking lot to Dona Larsen Park for Boise State Softball games. If planning to attend Bark in the Park with your dog, it is recommended to arrive early to utilize available parking, coordinate a ride share or walk to the park with your pup.
Where should I enter?
Enter at the main gate. There will be a table outside the main gate where you will show proof of vaccinations and turn in your waiver.
Where can I sit?
Left field is the designated dog area. Lawn chairs are permitted.
Does my canine need a ticket?
No. Only owners will need a ticket.
How many dogs can I bring?
One dog per person.
Where can my dog go to the restroom?
The designated dog area outside left field is where you can take your dog to use the restroom. Please pickup after your dog.
Where can I get water for my dog?
There will be water available for your dogs outside of left field. Personal dog bowls are permitted.
For more information, email [email protected].